No positions are open at the moment.
Massachusetts Cannabis Careers
Position: Retail Associate
Reports To: Retail Management
About the position:
The role of Retail Associate is more customer service and success than sales. Not only are you the face of our company to our customers, but you are the conduit by which new customers learn more about products available to them. It is important to be comfortable as an educator and thrive on connecting our customers with the correct products to achieve whatever recreational or wellness result they are after. It is important for the Retail Associate to follow SOP’s in order to maintain a compliant retail experience, as well as take responsibility for the overall cleanliness and appearance of the environment.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Display outstanding customer service while accurately and efficiently processing transactions.
- Exhibit patience and exceptional listening skills.
- Maintain high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Must display strong verbal communication skills.
- Handle customer complaints and problems in a professional and appropriate manner and seek assistance from the Manager on Duty when necessary.
Job Knowledge Responsibilities:
- Must maintain current knowledge of the cannabis industry and adhere to all policies and regulations put forth by the Cannabis Control Commission.
- Must maintain knowledge of all products for sale in the dispensary, including but not limited to cannabis strains, infused products, concentrates, vaporizers, and accessories.
- Must maintain knowledge of all current programs and pricing.
- Transactional / Cash Handling Responsibilities:
- Double check all Adult Use identification cards to ensure they are not expired and at least 21 years of age.
- Accurately process transactions by using barcode scanner, computer-based POS system, debit machine and cash drawer, assuring all clients leave with correct change and receipts.
- Ensure all products being sold are correctly labeled.
- Accurately count cash and provide appropriate change to clients when necessary.
- Accurately process debit transactions.
- Maintain organization of cash, coins and debit receipts in the register.
Inventory and Stocking Responsibilities:
- Accurately stock inventory, following inventory control procedures.
- Count inventory and confirm amounts when new products arrive to Retail.
- Fill out Chain of Custody sheets after inventory counts are confirmed.
- Keep inventory in vault organized and accurately labeled.
- Participate in and help with coordination of regular inventory checks when asked.
- Accurately document any damaged or returned products in the Retail Destruction Log Book.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Keep the workspace organized and all counters clear of clutter throughout the shift.
- Schedule flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays when needed.
- Adhere to company dress code and uphold personal hygiene to ensure safe interactions with patients and products.
- Fill all time during scheduled shifts with productive, useful activity, including cleaning, stocking, researching, organizing or completing any other tasks to contribute to company success.
- Treat all individuals with respect, including customers, patients, co-workers, supervisors, department directors and anyone else who may be encountered during working hours.
- All other job duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Must be able to lift bins weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Retail experience is not required but always preferred
If you are interested in learning more about our company, available positions, or the job fair please send questions or your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. If you would like to know more about a specific position, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Position Description Request [POSITION TITLE].”