No positions are open at the moment.
Massachusetts Cannabis Careers
Position: Retail Associate
Reports To: Retail Management
About the position:
The role of Retail Associate is more customer service and success than sales. Not only are you the face of our company to our customers, but you are the conduit by which new customers learn more about products available to them. It is important to be comfortable as an educator and thrive on connecting our customers with the correct products to achieve whatever recreational or wellness result they are after. It is important for the Retail Associate to follow SOP’s in order to maintain a compliant retail experience, as well as take responsibility for the overall cleanliness and appearance of the environment.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Display outstanding customer service while accurately and efficiently processing transactions.
- Exhibit patience and exceptional listening skills.
- Maintain high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Must display strong verbal communication skills.
- Handle customer complaints and problems in a professional and appropriate manner and seek assistance from the Manager on Duty when necessary.
Job Knowledge Responsibilities:
- Must maintain current knowledge of the cannabis industry and adhere to all policies and regulations put forth by the Cannabis Control Commission.
- Must maintain knowledge of all products for sale in the dispensary, including but not limited to cannabis strains, infused products, concentrates, vaporizers, and accessories.
- Must maintain knowledge of all current programs and pricing.
- Transactional / Cash Handling Responsibilities:
- Double check all Adult Use identification cards to ensure they are not expired and at least 21 years of age.
- Accurately process transactions by using barcode scanner, computer-based POS system, debit machine and cash drawer, assuring all clients leave with correct change and receipts.
- Ensure all products being sold are correctly labeled.
- Accurately count cash and provide appropriate change to clients when necessary.
- Accurately process debit transactions.
- Maintain organization of cash, coins and debit receipts in the register.
Inventory and Stocking Responsibilities:
- Accurately stock inventory, following inventory control procedures.
- Count inventory and confirm amounts when new products arrive to Retail.
- Fill out Chain of Custody sheets after inventory counts are confirmed.
- Keep inventory in vault organized and accurately labeled.
- Participate in and help with coordination of regular inventory checks when asked.
- Accurately document any damaged or returned products in the Retail Destruction Log Book.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Keep the workspace organized and all counters clear of clutter throughout the shift.
- Schedule flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays when needed.
- Adhere to company dress code and uphold personal hygiene to ensure safe interactions with patients and products.
- Fill all time during scheduled shifts with productive, useful activity, including cleaning, stocking, researching, organizing or completing any other tasks to contribute to company success.
- Treat all individuals with respect, including customers, patients, co-workers, supervisors, department directors and anyone else who may be encountered during working hours.
- All other job duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
- Must successfully pass an extensive background check.
- Must be able to lift bins weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Retail experience is not required but always preferred
The Security Specialist shall provide direct support, and coordination to the security manager ensuring the implementation of security procedures and operational plans. Reporting to the General Manager, the Security Specialist will be a resource for the staff on regulatory compliance relating to security and ensure the safety and security of the facility and the protection of company employees and assets. The Security Specialist shall be responsible for monitoring the site grounds, facility, visitors, vendors and staff. The Security Specialist shall be responsible for operation and monitoring of the sites video surveillance system, access control system and perimeter security system ensuring its functionality and compliance.
- Ensure the Prime Directives, Protection of Personnel, Protection of Operational Permits and Licenses are Protection of company assets and property are not jeopardized through consistent application of Security Operational Plans supported by SOP(s) that are compliant.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the individual regulations and laws as it pertains to the CCC.
- Participate in or ensure security personnel are opening and closing the facility on a daily basis.
Fluent in all aspects of security for the building including:
- Ensure internal controls, procedures and policies are met from a security and safety perspective for operations.
- Support the implementation and execution of training programs for site security personnel
- Work with personnel on creating and updating SOPs for facility safety, security deliveries, transportation and other responsibilities, as needed or necessary, and all other compliance needs
- Support or provide direct assistance and oversight of all internal investigations relating to compliance, regulatory, or SOP violations reporting through
- Work in conjunction with team on internal investigations relating to diversion, theft, or criminal and compliance violation
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Veterans encouraged to apply
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
$15-$20 per hour
Competitive benefit packages and PTO available for fulltime employment.
Interested? Please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in learning more about our company, available positions, or the job fair please send questions or your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. If you would like to know more about a specific position, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Position Description Request [POSITION TITLE].”